Saturday 24 December 2016

Merry Christmas!


Wishing everyone a joyous Festive Season and good fortune in 2017!

In the spirit of sharing something creative, here's a pic of a wreath I made a few years ago which I'm pleased to say is still good for the job! 
It really was one of the simplest of hand-made creations, and used up several scraps of remnant fabric from my stash (always satisfying!) I bought a foam florist's ring and covered it by wrapping it in long strips of Christmassy coloured fabric. Then I cut shorter strips of fabric and tied them around the ring,  trimming the ends into pretty leaf-shaped points.
A little bunching, tweaking and re-arranging followed, to ensure the colours all balanced out. I then embellished with a few of my late Nan's hand-made beaded fabric flowers because who doesn't love a bit of sparkle at Christmas time (actually, I love it anytime) A string threaded under the top fabric strip attaches it to the door. All the securing was done with pins - no sewing required! - so it's a great activity to do with kids.
It would also make a lovely centrepiece. Why not try one for yourself next year? 

Best wishes! x



No comments:

Post a Comment